TeeRoy's 2 Cents:
- The good news for festival fans is he’s still playingLife is Beautiful,iHeartRadio Music FestivalandMiami Pop Beach Fest, plus a hometown show in Chicago.
- As Chance noted, some dates haven’t yet been rescheduled.
- The real fans understand, Chance. And everyone who doesn't? Well, they weren't really a fan to begin with.
- I don't think anyone faults him for making this decision, but couldn't he have had this realization sooner?
- Meanwhile, he had plenty of time to pop up atKanye's Sunday Service.
- You can't blame the guy for wanting to put family first.
- If you don't want to wait to see him, sounds like there are a few options.
After lots of deliberation,Chance The Rapper made a tough decision — to push his tour back.
Chano was supposed to hit the road this weekend in San Francisco in support of his debut album,The Big Day. But now Chance says he’s pushing most of the dates back until next year.
He explained the decision on Instagram, writing, “I thought it over for the past week and I’ve decided to push back my tour. This year has been one of the greatest of my life; Marriage, new baby, first album etc. But with it being so eventful it has also been very strenuous having to divide my time and energy between family and work. When Kensli was born, I went on tour two weeks later and missed some of the most important milestones in her life, but more importantly, I was absent when her mother needed me the most. At this point as a husband and father of two I realize that I can’t make that mistake again. I need to be as helpful and available as possible to my wife in these early months of raising Kensli and Marli. I apologize because I know how many people were counting on seeing me soon, but I hope you’ll understand and forgive me in time. Tour kicks off Jan. 15th and you can still get tix or your refund if you are unavailable at chanceraps.com & a few of the shows are still being rescheduled as well so stay tuned. I love you guys AND LITERALLY CANT WAIT FOR U TO WITNESS THIS SHOW!"